Enhanced New Beginnings Domestic Abuse Project (Folkestone and Hythe area)
Our Service provides individual support to women suffering Domestic Abuse, by trained IDVA support workers. Providing non-judgmental and proactive support, both emotional and practical advice, safety planning/DASH risk assessments and safeguarding.
We offer support around attending appointments for housing, social services and courts. Our Shepway Project is a variety of programmes to suit the individual.
- Butterflies - a therapeutic support group, offering timeout, peer support and advice. Whilst learning new craft skills.
- Phoenix - a new exciting 10 week course around domestic abuse, looking at how to keep safe, what domestic abuse is and empower them to make positive changes in their lives.
- The Freedom Programme - it helps women to identify the tactics of the abuser whilst looking at the beliefs these men may hold.
- Power to Change - A course looking at rebuilding life skills, increase self-esteem, looking at healthy boundaries, assertiveness skills and help to feel less isolated.
- Recovery Tool Kit - Is designed to assist women to look at ways to develop positive lifestyle coping strategies.
- DAY - is for young people that may of witnessed or experienced da, within a relationship or at home between parents. This is to help them identify and develop healthy relationships in the future.
For more information contact the project co-ordinator Amanda on 01303-244836.